Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
The Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project is based at the former Woodlawn Mine site located 30 km south of Goulburn and 220 km southwest of Sydney, and comprises two significant poly-metallic resource-based assets; the Woodlawn Underground Project (WUP) and the Woodlawn Tailings Retreatment Project (WRP).
Woodlawn Zinc Underground
2014/15 drilling Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project confirms the high-grade tenor of the Kate Lens mineralisation. In addition, recent drilling has intersected a number of typical Woodlawn high-grade massive sulphide zones in shallow, up-dip, positions to known lenses, with significant high grade intercepts including: 12.3m @ 26% Zn+Pb, 2% Cu
High Grade Woodlawn Zinc-Copper
- 100% ownership
- Established Reserves & Resources
- High grade underground and advanced tailings project
- Granted mining lease and project approvals in place
- Excellent infrastructure: road, rail, power, water
- 2014/15 drilling ongoing with significant high grade intercepts including: 12.3m @ 26% Zn+Pb, 2% Cu For more
High Grade Australian Zinc - Copper at Woodlawn
- Focused & Fully Funded Program Backed By A Strong Leadership Team
- Drilling & PEA for underground – ongoing with significant high grade intercepts including: 12.3m @ 26% Zn+Pb, 2% Cu
- Program to deliver BFS for combined Woodlawn Underground and Tailings Projects
- Cash A$27.9M plus listed investments A$3.1M (Feb 2015)
Discovering & developing world class ore bodies
With 100% ownership of one of the world’s largest undeveloped nickel laterites, excellent exploration projects, low overheads and $27.9M cash, $3.1M in listed equity Heron represents enormous medium to long‐term value.
Quality Project Inventory
- NSW - Lachlan Fold Belt
- Lewis Ponds, Overflow, Calarie – Zn + Cu + Pb+ Ag + Au
- Significant tenement inventory
- WA - Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
Heron has had 16 years of sustained Shareholder value creation, and through divestment of former exploration projects, has resulted in its current strong cash position of $27.9M.
Heron entered into an exclusive arrangement with Simulus to co-fund the development of its reagent recovery technology. The aim is to pursue development of this promising technology with a particular focus on realising the considerable value which is locked up within the KNP and to move quickly and relatively inexpensively to substantiate the potential savings in KNP capital and operating expenditure with the aim of facilitating an earlier development of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project.
2015 PDAC Conference
Heron Resources will be attending the 2015 PDAC Conference March 1-4th in Toronto, Canada.
Please visit us at Booth #2153 in the Investors Exchange, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
On Tuesday, March 3rd at 3:20 pm, Heron’s MD & CEO, Mr. Wayne Taylor, will be presenting at the Corporate Presentation Forum for Investors, Base Metals 2 Session - Room 803
To arrange a meeting during PDAC please contact:
Ms. Carolyn Muir
Admission to the Investors Exchange is free, but registration is required. For PDAC registration information, please visit PDAC's website.
Woodlawn Project – PEA
- PEA on track to release findings within the 1st Half 2015, with excellent progress being made across all technical disciplines
- Updated Mineral Resource model being prepared in accordance with JORC and CIM standards
- Mine planning and rock mechanics work have identified mining methods adapted to localised conditions
- Metallurgical testwork on underground and blended underground/tailings samples is demonstrating improvements in metal recoveries compared to historical production
Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
Since the Heron-TriAusMin merger in August 2014, Heron's strategic focus has been on advancing the Woodlawn Underground Project (WUP) toward a production decision, enhancing the value of the Woodlawn Tailings Retreatment Project (WRP), and on completing a bankable feasibility study (BFS) involving a combined WRP+ WUP development program.
Currently Heron is conducting a 2014-15 drill program at Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The initial drillholes and assay received confirm the high-grade tenor of the Kate Lens mineralisation.
Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
The total combined nickel laterite resource base of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project (KNP) is updated to an estimate of 795.6 million tonnes grading approximately 0.70% nickel and 0.048% cobalt (approximately 5.6 million tonnes of contained nickel metal, 0.38 million tonnes of contained cobalt metal) (see announcement 21 Oct 2013)
These resources form the basis of ongoing metallurgical and mining studies, including the Simulus and Direct Nickel research projects, which aim to significantly reduce the capital and operating cost of processing KNP nickel laterite mineralisation. To this end Heron entered an exclusive partnership with Simulus December 13.
Potential to produce 37,000 tpa nickel in intermediate product over a 35 year mine life.
Drilling ongoing at Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
2014 Annual Report
2014 has been a “step-change” year for Heron Resources with the completion of its merger with TriAusMin on 5 August 2014. The merger transaction brought together Heron’s cash balance of $32.9 million as at 30 June 2014, with TriAusMin’s pipeline of high quality base metal assets featuring the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project in southern New South Wales. This is an excellent outcome for both sets of shareholders.
For full details of Heron's work during the 2014 year and on the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper project please see link below to the 2014 Annual Report: