Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
The Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project is based at the former Woodlawn Mine site located 30 km south of Goulburn and 220 km southwest of Sydney, and comprises two significant poly-metallic resource-based assets; the Woodlawn Underground Project (WUP) and the Woodlawn Tailings Retreatment Project (WRP). A highly successful Preliminary Economic Assessment report released 2 June 2015, delivered a strong business case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The Feasibility Study commenced immediately after the completion of this highly successful PEA. With the completion of the Phase II drilling program in November 2015, the Company continues to make excellent progress with the Woodlawn Feasibility Study. Final drill hole surveying and resource modelling is now proceeding. Additional components to this detailed study including metallurgical testwork, mining and geotechnical engineering are all well underway and the study remains on target for completion in the second quarter of 2016.
Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Feasibility Study On Track
The PEA study (full report released 2 June 2015) delivered a strong business case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The Feasibility Study commenced immediately on completion of PEA, and is on track to release findings in the second quarter of calendar 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas. Phase II drilling infill and extension programs has returned excellent results. Final drill hole surveying and resource modelling is now proceeding.
Woodlawn Zinc Underground
Stage One 2014/15 drilling Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project confirmed the high-grade tenor of the Kate Lens mineralisation. In addition, the drilling has intersected a number of typical Woodlawn high-grade massive sulphide zones in shallow, up-dip, positions to known lenses, with significant high grade intercepts including: 12.3m @ 26% Zn+Pb, 2% Cu. Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes, as part of the Feasibility Study have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq. Modelled DHEM plates under the Kate and C Lenses provide strong support for down-plunge extensions to the known mineralisation.
High Grade Woodlawn Zinc-Copper
- 100% ownership with Established Reserves & Resources
- High grade underground and advanced tailings project
- Excellent infrastructure: road, rail, power, water. Granted mining lease and project approvals in place
- 2014/15 drilling Phase one complete with significant high grade intercepts
- PEA completed delivering strong business case with Feasibility Study underway and on track to release findings in the second quarter 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas
- Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq
High Grade Australian Zinc-Copper at Woodlawn
- Focused & Fully Funded Program Backed By A Strong Leadership Team
- PEA completed delivering strong business case
- Feasibility Study underway and on track to release findings in the second quarter of calendar 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas
- Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes, as part of the Feasibility Study have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq
- Cash and listed investments A$26.3M (30 June 2015)
Quality Project Inventory
- NSW - Lachlan Fold Belt
- Lewis Ponds, Overflow, Calarie – Zn + Cu + Pb+ Ag + Au
- Significant tenement inventory
- WA - Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
Heron has had 16 years of sustained Shareholder value creation, and through divestment of former exploration projects, has resulted in its current strong position of A$26.3M cash and listed investments (30 June 2015).
Heron entered into an exclusive arrangement with Simulus to co-fund the development of its reagent recovery technology. The aim is to pursue development of this promising technology with a particular focus on realising the considerable value which is locked up within the KNP and to move quickly and relatively inexpensively to substantiate the potential savings in KNP capital and operating expenditure with the aim of facilitating an earlier development of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project.
- Woodlawn Phase II drilling program completed – High grade intersections continue
- HRR AGM 18 Nov 2015 - Results of Meeting
- HRR AGM 18 Nov 2015 - Chairmans Address
- 2015 AGM Presentation
Please note new telephone numbers:
- Perth: +61 8 6500 9200
- Sydney: +61 02 9119 8111
Woodlawn Feasibility Study on Track
- The Feasibility Study is on track to release findings in the second quarter of calendar 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas
- The drilling results from the infill and extension programmes for the underground project (“WUP”) have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected
- Modelled DHEM plates under the Kate and C Lenses provide strong support for down-plunge extensions to the known mineralisation
- An updated JORC 2012 Mineral Resource for the tailings retreatment project (“WRP”) will be released shortly, with an updated Mineral Resource and a maiden Mineral Reserve for the underground mining project (“WUP”) and an updated Mineral Reserve for the WRP to be published as part of the Feasibility Study
- A Front End Engineering Design (“FEED”) study update for the WRP has been completed by GR Engineering Services, showing potential for reductions in capital and operating costs compared to the assumptions in the Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”)
- Supporting studies have been initiated on mine access optimisation and geotechnical evaluation, WRP mine planning, paste-fill test work, metallurgical test work and tailings dam storage design
- Mine operating plans required under the project approval continue to be advanced with the lodgement of the Mine Operations Plan (“MOP”) expected within the next few weeks. Modifications to the site layout will be presented for review and sign-off by regulators during the coming quarter
- Forecast zinc market fundamentals remain strong for the timing of project development despite the recent short term weakness experienced across the commodities complex
For more detail on Phase II excellent drilling results and the Feasibility Study progress click here:
Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
The total combined nickel laterite resource base of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project (KNP) is updated to an estimate of 795.6 million tonnes grading approximately 0.70% nickel and 0.048% cobalt (approximately 5.6 million tonnes of contained nickel metal, 0.38 million tonnes of contained cobalt metal) (see announcement 21 Oct 2013)
These resources form the basis of ongoing metallurgical and mining studies, including the Simulus and Direct Nickel research projects, which aim to significantly reduce the capital and operating cost of processing KNP nickel laterite mineralisation. To this end Heron entered an exclusive partnership with Simulus December 13.
Potential to produce 37,000 tpa nickel in intermediate product over a 35 year mine life.
2014-2015 has been a busy time for Heron with a significant resetting of our business. This period was used well to make major inroads into advancing our newly acquired and key project, the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. These efforts have positioned the Company on the pathway to becoming a near term producer and resulting highlights for the year include:
- Finalisation of the merger with TriAusMin and the seamless integration of the two businesses.
- Successful completion of the Woodlawn Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) that delivered a compelling business case for project development.
- Commencement of a fully funded Feasibility Study (FS) for Woodlawn, due for completion in the second quarter calendar 2016.
- Exceptional drilling results received from the Woodlawn Project in the Phase I (PEA) and follow-up Phase II (FS) drilling programs, underpinning a new high grade underground resource.
- Strong cash position (A$28.1M, 31 August 2015) that has been supported by the attraction of Greenstone Resources LP as a cornerstone investor.
- Well positioned to take advantage of the strong medium term commodity market fundamentals for zinc and copper.
For full details of Heron's work during the 2014-2015 year please see link below to the 2015 Annual Report:
A Cautionary Note applies to all videos available on this web site. Read more »
The PEA delivered a strong business case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The Feasibility Study commenced immediately after the completion of this highly successful PEA, and is on track.