Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
The Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project is based at the former Woodlawn Mine site located 30 km south of Goulburn and 220 km southwest of Sydney, and comprises two significant poly-metallic resource-based assets; the Woodlawn Underground Project (WUP) and the Woodlawn Tailings Retreatment Project (WRP). A highly successful Preliminary Economic Assessment report released 2 June 2015, delivered a strong business case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The Feasibility Study commenced immediately after the completion of this highly successful PEA. With the completion of the Phase II drilling program in November 2015, the Company continues to make excellent progress with the Woodlawn Feasibility Study. Final drill hole surveying and resource modelling is now proceeding. Additional components to this detailed study including metallurgical testwork, mining and geotechnical engineering are all well underway and the study remains on target for completion in the second quarter of 2016.
Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Feasibility Study On Track
The PEA study (full report released 2 June 2015) delivered a strong business case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The Feasibility Study commenced immediately on completion of PEA, and is on track to release findings in the second quarter of calendar 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas. Phase II drilling infill and extension programs has returned excellent results. Final drill hole surveying and resource modelling is now proceeding.
Woodlawn Zinc Underground
Stage One 2014/15 drilling Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project confirmed the high-grade tenor of the Kate Lens mineralisation. In addition, the drilling has intersected a number of typical Woodlawn high-grade massive sulphide zones in shallow, up-dip, positions to known lenses, with significant high grade intercepts including: 12.3m @ 26% Zn+Pb, 2% Cu. Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes, as part of the Feasibility Study have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq. Modelled DHEM plates under the Kate and C Lenses provide strong support for down-plunge extensions to the known mineralisation.
High Grade Woodlawn Zinc-Copper
- 100% ownership with Established Reserves & Resources
- High grade underground and advanced tailings project
- Excellent infrastructure: road, rail, power, water. Granted mining lease and project approvals in place
- 2014/15 drilling Phase one complete with significant high grade intercepts
- PEA completed delivering strong business case with Feasibility Study underway and on track to release findings in the second quarter 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas
- Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq
High Grade Australian Zinc-Copper at Woodlawn
- Focused & Fully Funded Program Backed By A Strong Leadership Team
- PEA completed delivering strong business case
- Feasibility Study underway and on track to release findings in the second quarter of calendar 2016, with excellent progress being made across all study areas
- Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes, as part of the Feasibility Study have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq
- Cash and listed investments A$26.9 (31 December 2015)
Quality Project Inventory
- NSW - Lachlan Fold Belt
- Lewis Ponds, Overflow, Calarie – Zn + Cu + Pb+ Ag + Au
- Significant tenement inventory
- WA - Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
Heron has had 16 years of sustained Shareholder value creation, and through divestment of former exploration projects, has resulted in its current strong position of A$26.9M cash and listed investments (31 December 2015).
Heron entered into an exclusive arrangement with Simulus to co-fund the development of its reagent recovery technology. The aim is to pursue development of this promising technology with a particular focus on realising the considerable value which is locked up within the KNP and to move quickly and relatively inexpensively to substantiate the potential savings in KNP capital and operating expenditure with the aim of facilitating an earlier development of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project.
- Quarterly Report - 31 December 2015
- High Grade Lisa Lens Intercept Completes the Phase II Drilling Program at Woodlawn
- Woodlawn Phase II drilling program completed – High grade intersections continue
- HRR AGM 18 Nov 2015 - Results of Meeting
Please note new telephone numbers:
- Perth: +61 8 6500 9200
- Sydney: +61 02 9119 8111
2016 RIU Explorers Conference
Heron Resources will be attending the 2016 RIU Explorers Conference, February 24-25th in Fremantle, Western Australia.
Please visit us at Stand #41 in the Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle.
On Thursday, February 25th at 12:00 pm, Heron’s MD & CEO, Mr. Wayne Taylor, will be presenting
To arrange a meeting during RIU please contact:
Ms. Veronica Bourke
For more information about RIU, please visit RIU's website.
2016 PDAC Conference
Heron Resources will be attending the 2016 PDAC Conference, March 6-9th in Toronto, Canada.
Please visit us at Booth #2153 in the Investors Exchange, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building.
On Tuesday, March 8th at 2:20 pm, Heron’s MD & CEO, Mr. Wayne Taylor, will be presenting at the Corporate Presentation Forum for Investors, Base Metals 2 Session - Room 803
To arrange a meeting during PDAC please contact:
Ms. Carolyn Muir
Admission to the Investors Exchange is free, but registration is required. For PDAC registration information, please visit PDAC's website.
Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
A$11M Feasibility Study (FS) for Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project progressing to plan, key components include:
- Feasibility Study drilling programme successfully completed delivering numerous high grade results
- Mineral Resource estimation is well advanced with preliminary block models provided to SRK engineers for commencement of mine planning
- Recent metallurgical test work results on underground and tailings samples are encouraging and have confirmed Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) concentrate recovery and grade assumptions
- Project financing discussions continue with prospective senior lenders and other potential funding sources
- Independent Technical Experts appointed and first pass review completed, recommendations have been incorporated into FS scope
Significant intercepts received from Kate Lens drilling:
- 22m @ 13.0% ZnEq¹ from 378m (3.7% Cu, 0.8g/t Au, 16.8g/t Ag), WNDD0071 (Kate Copper)
- 6.5m @ 7.8% ZnEq from 405m (4.5% Zn, 0.6% Cu, 0.9% Pb, 0.5g/t Au, 12.5g/t Ag), WNDD0071
- 9.1m @ 31.6% ZnEq from 370m (18.3% Zn, 2.3% Cu, 4.6% Pb, 1.1g/t Au, 53.7g/t Ag), WNDD0073
- 14.0m @ 5.1% ZnEq from 294m (1.4% Cu, 0.4g/t Au, 5.1g/t Ag), WNDD0075 (Kate Copper)
- 18.9m @ 9.3% ZnEq from 351m (2.6% Cu, 0.7g/t Au, 8.3g/t Ag), WNDD0084 (Kate Copper)
Significant intercepts received from shallow E, G and H Lenses drilling:
- 2.8m @ 16.8% ZnEq from 79m (9.7% Zn, 0.2% Cu, 4.7% Pb, 1.5g/t Au, 47.2g/t Ag), WNDD0076 (E)
- 4.6m @ 47.2% ZnEq from 55m (24.4% Zn,1.1% Cu, 13.6% Pb, 1.4g/t Au, 241g/t Ag), WNDD0078 (E)
- 3.0m @ 58.7% ZnEq from 64m (28.5% Zn, 2.1% Cu, 13.1% Pb, 2.2g/t Au, 372g/t Ag), WNDD0078 (E)
- 1.3m @ 33% ZnEq from 283m (8.8% Zn, 4.8% Cu, 3.2% Pb, 1.8g/t Au, 168g/t Ag), WNDD0074 (G)
- 1.8m @ 25.0% ZnEq from 106m (1.5% Zn, 4.4% Cu, 3.7% Pb, 2.7g/t Au, 145g/t Ag), WNDD0081 (H)
- 2.9m @ 35.4% ZnEq from 96m (12.7% Zn, 2.6% Cu, 8.1% Pb, 2.5g/t Au, 202g/t Ag), WNDD0088 (G)
- 1.8m @ 32.3% ZnEq from 116m (6.4% Zn, 3.5% Cu, 3.5% Pb, 2.2g/t Au, 341 g/t Ag), WNDD0089 (G)
- 1.8m @ 32.0% ZnEq from 80m (13.8% Zn, 1.3% Cu, 8.6% Pb, 0.8g/t Au, 216g/t Ag), WNDD0093 (E)
- 2.5m @ 45.3% ZnEq from 93m (7.1% Cu, 4.5g/t Au, 626g/t Ag) WNDD0103 (H)
Significant intercepts received from Lisa Lens:
- 12.4m @ 20.0% ZnEq from 222m (12% Zn, 1.6% Cu, 2.0% Pb, 0.7g/t Au, 23g/t Ag), WNDD0104
Veolia agreements extended with discussions targeting new agreements to incorporate Heron’s revised operational plans
- Cash A$23.8M and listed investments A$3.1M at 31 December 2015
- Accepting off market bid for Golden Cross Resources, expected to monetise the Company’s investment at $0.0825 per share (A$1.6M)
- Commodity forecasters confirm zinc’s strong supply / demand fundamentals for 2016 – 2020
¹ Zn equivalents (ZnEq) in this release are based on the formula: Zn (%) + 0.81 x Pb(%) + 3.12 x Cu(%) + 0.86 x Au(g/t) + 0.03 x Ag(g/t). All these metals are expected to be recoverable. Refer to the announcement of 22 April 2015 entitled “Preliminary Economic Assessment Delivers Strong Business Case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project” for further information.
For full details of Heron's work during the 2014-2015 year please see link below to the 2015 Annual Report:
A Cautionary Note applies to all videos available on this web site. Read more »
The PEA delivered a strong business case for the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project. The Feasibility Study commenced immediately after the completion of this highly successful PEA, and is on track.