Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project
The Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project is based at the former Woodlawn Mine site located 30 km south of Goulburn and 220 km southwest of Sydney, and comprises two significant poly-metallic resource-based assets; the Woodlawn Underground Project (WUP) and the Woodlawn Tailings Retreatment Project (WRP). A robust Definitive Feasibility Study for Woodlawn Project Study was announced 29 June 2016, confirming project viability with compelling commercial case for development. An expedited program was launched to secure project funding and bring project online to meet global zinc supply shortfall.
Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Feasibility Study complete on time
Heron Resources Managing Director and CEO, Mr. Wayne Taylor, said: "The study presents a very compelling case for the development of the Woodlawn Project and confirms Heron’s position as one of the most advanced Australian near term zinc producers. The resource and embedded low operating and competitive development costs due to existing site infrastructure all combine to make Woodlawn a clear choice amongst its peers. From the outset it has been our aim to deliver a Reserve base that allows us to bring the project online quickly to take advantage of the significant opportunity that exists due to favourable zinc market fundamentals. The resulting economics place us in an ideal position to secure funding and target first production in 2018 with significant project upside still to be quantified."
Woodlawn Zinc Underground
Stage One 2014/15 drilling Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project confirmed the high-grade tenor of the Kate Lens mineralisation. In addition, the drilling has intersected a number of typical Woodlawn high-grade massive sulphide zones in shallow, up-dip, positions to known lenses, with significant high grade intercepts including: 12.3m @ 26% Zn+Pb, 2% Cu. Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes, as part of the Feasibility Study have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq. Modelled DHEM plates under the Kate and C Lenses provide strong support for down-plunge extensions to the known mineralisation.
High Grade Woodlawn Zinc-Copper
- 100% ownership with Established Reserves & Resources
- High grade underground and advanced tailings project
- Excellent infrastructure: road, rail, power, water
- The results of the A$11 million DFS study released 29/6/16, supports the viability of the Starter Case to deliver quality zinc, copper and lead concentrates to market over a significant Reserves-based mine life. This study underpins the Board’s decision to advance an accelerated program to secure project finance and bring the Woodlawn Project into production in 2018.
High Grade Australian Zinc-Copper at Woodlawn
- Focused & Fully Funded Program Backed By A Strong Leadership Team
- The robust Feasibility Study results confirms project viability with compelling commercial case for development. Expedited program launched to secure project funding and bring project online to meet global zinc supply shortfall
- Phase II drilling infill and extension programmes, as part of the Feasibility Study have returned significantly greater thicknesses in Kate Lens than were expected, including 34m @ 20.8% ZnEq
Quality Project Inventory
- NSW - Lachlan Fold Belt
- Lewis Ponds, Overflow, Calarie – Zn + Cu + Pb+ Ag + Au
- Significant tenement inventory
- WA - Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
Heron has had 16 years of sustained Shareholder value creation, and through divestment of former exploration projects, has resulted in its current strong position of A$24.5M cash and listed investments (June 2016).
Heron entered into an exclusive arrangement with Simulus to co-fund the development of its reagent recovery technology. The aim is to pursue development of this promising technology with a particular focus on realising the considerable value which is locked up within the KNP and to move quickly and relatively inexpensively to substantiate the potential savings in KNP capital and operating expenditure with the aim of facilitating an earlier development of the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project.
Change of Address
As of Friday the 1st of July, the Perth office is located at 1/7 Havelock Street, West Perth WA 6005.
- Ardea Spin Out-Notice of Meeting and Proxy Form
- Appendix 4G and Corporate Governance Statements
- Heron's Gold-Nickel Spin-out - Unlocking the value of Heron's Assets outside of Woodlawn
- Quarterly Report - 30 June 2016
ASX/TSX-Heron delivers robust Feasibility Study for Woodlawn Project
Study supports project viability with compelling commercial case for immediate development
Heron announced the FS summary results 29 June 2016. The full DFS report has now been lodged and is available for download.
Woodlawn Project Flythrough - July 2016
A Cautionary Note applies to all videos available on this web site. Read more »